Wednesday, May 18, 2011
...Thought Inspiring
Last night, Brent and I were talking on the phone and we started talking about missionary work. I started telling him the reason I've always wanted to marry a returned missionary which is: I grew up with missionaries coming over to our house every P-Day for service projects, meals, and basically to sum it all up, we were kind of the "mission family." So I've always had a soft spot in my heart for missionaries. I told Brent that it's very hard for me to dive deeply into the scriptures unless I'm given a new and inspiring thought to pursue. Yeah, I can understand the simple stuff, you know; go to church, say your prayers, all that jazz, but missionaries who have spent 2 years of their lives dedicated to studying the scriptures and the words of the prophets know SOO much more than I do. I told him that for me to be in a relationship with someone with that much spiritual knowledge was a huge testimony builder for me and in a way, just another reason why I love this Gospel. Before changing the subject, Brent started talking about all the people in the military that he's gotten to talk about the Gospel with and how serving a mission not only strengthened his testimony, but gave him the courage and know-how to talk about the Gospel to people, whether they wanted to listen or not. Anyway, as I was laying in bed after we'd hung up, I started thinking about how great of a missionary Brent has been to me these last 8 months. Whenever I've had a fear or had lost hope and faith, Brent is always there to basically lift me up off the ground, wipe my tears, and say, "It'll all be okay." Whenever I've been stressed about the wedding, military, or just a rough day at work, he never lost his faith, which helped my faith and hope stick around. He's been the best missionary for me. He makes me want to say more personal and humble prayers, study my scriptures diligently, and smile even through the worst of times...ALL out of example. He is truly the most amazing man I've ever met and I'm so very lucky he asked me to be his eternal companion. Love ya babe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment