A {Boy} and A Girl

I kinda really like this boy. His name is Brent. We entered the wonderful, crazy, and sacred bond of marriage on July 2, 2011. He's pretty much amazing. We like to cook, do anything outdoors, sing, and dance the night away. Oh, and guess what?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS YEAR!! Welcome to our lives...or at least some of it!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Here {It} Goes Again

Oh my heck. Life has been so very crazy busy lately. I don't even know what to do! Right now I'm at Trint and Becca's babysitting for 4 days while they go to Cancun. Yeah...I'll let you know how that goes because well...my wonderful husband, remember him? Well he has to work. So I'll have them by myself. 3 kids. Age 5. Age 3. Age 1. I may hold off on kids for awhile depending on how this week goes. But for amazing news, B and I have finally moved to our own apt. again and I LOVE OUR NEW PLACE!!! It's old. Which I love. There's space. Which I love. And it's not in an apartment complex. Which I love. Also, it's right in the heart of town. Walking distance from school and B's work. My work is a little farther down the road, so I take the car...but it's wonderful. I'm in love! Also, I love my job! It's only PT, so I'm looking for another one...but it's splendid! B also has a job at a hardware store right now. He doesn't love that it's retail, but a job's a job...right? Plus, he has drill for one weekend outta the month and all that jazz. But it's crazy because while we were out in California, I stressed about money...but I really had no reason to. We each had a steady paycheck and B's was a large amount. Yes, Cali's more expensive and we were paying a mortgage for our tiny apt. but we were able to pocket a lot and save. But here? I've actually had a bit of a melt down because I didn't know how we would do it. We'd gone from making X amount of money to making much less and still having bills. Yeah, our bills here aren't as expensive...but we do still have car payments, rent, food, insurance, and all those other fun things that come with being an adult. I'm not gonna lie, when I came to this realization, I cried and had a bit of a panic attack while grabbing our budget book and trying to sort it all out. B has also had one of these realizations last night. See, we only have our one car. I don't mind, but B worries about me when he goes up to drill...so I let him entertain the thought of a new vehicle. But as we were driving to look at it, I just kinda mention, "Honey, I really don't think we can afford another vehicle right now. Think of our paychecks. We're not getting sufficient amount right now to cover another cost. We're not in Cali with our Cali paychecks anymore." Because let's face it...going from Utah where things are dirt cheap, to touristy Cali, you're still living off of your Utah mentality that "we don't have enough $$ for that," or "I'll find a better deal." But going from Cali to Utah, it's like, "Oh, hey...let's get that item that we have enough money for, but it may not be the smartest decision." Well...it kinda hit B hard. He was kinda bummed that I brought him back to reality because (and these are his words) "My brain thinks too fast and I don't usually realize til it's too late that it was a dumb purchase and more of a want than a need." My response, "Honey, that's why you have me. And I'm sorry to bring you to reality." But, the way I figure...every couple needs to go through a time where they really wonder how to get through. That's where creativity comes into play. I think it helps you grow as a couple. Besides, we'll get through our "poor stage" like we'll get through everything. Together.

No comments: