Wow. Seriously, where has time gone? It's already two weeks into August? What the?!
June and July flew by so fast for us. We celebrated my mom's 50th birthday (she seriously looks like she's late 30's still) in June, our FIRST ANNIVERSARY the first week of July, my nephew, Griffin's blessing, and my dad's 58th birthday the first week of August.
On top of that, both B and I are working two jobs, and B starts school this week. Oh, also I started training a girl at Physical Therapy since the previous aid thinks she has to go home for maternity leave....psh...AND I'm being trained at a seasonal job as a waitress at the Bear Den Diner right behind the Manti Temple. But...first things first.
Our Anniversary :)
B and I never really got a honeymoon, so we treated ourselves to a cruise. We set sail on our Anniversary (July 2nd) to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. It was just a short, 4-day cruise but it was the first time in our whole marriage that I got to spend an entire week (driving time included) non-stop with the man of my dreams. For real, how awesome is that? B even bought me roses and a bracelet...and a massage! I love that man. This year has honestly been the best year of my life and I couldn't have asked for a better man. I really don't wanna go into all the mushy details of our trip and first year on the internet...but let's just say I love this man more today than I did on our anniversary, more than our wedding day, and more than when we first said the "L" word...and the love keeps coming! I mean, how can you not love a man who still will sleep next to you at night even if you've been crazy weird throughout the day?! He's definitely my better half. Forever.
June and July flew by so fast for us. We celebrated my mom's 50th birthday (she seriously looks like she's late 30's still) in June, our FIRST ANNIVERSARY the first week of July, my nephew, Griffin's blessing, and my dad's 58th birthday the first week of August.
On top of that, both B and I are working two jobs, and B starts school this week. Oh, also I started training a girl at Physical Therapy since the previous aid thinks she has to go home for maternity leave....psh...AND I'm being trained at a seasonal job as a waitress at the Bear Den Diner right behind the Manti Temple. But...first things first.
Our Anniversary :)
B and I never really got a honeymoon, so we treated ourselves to a cruise. We set sail on our Anniversary (July 2nd) to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. It was just a short, 4-day cruise but it was the first time in our whole marriage that I got to spend an entire week (driving time included) non-stop with the man of my dreams. For real, how awesome is that? B even bought me roses and a bracelet...and a massage! I love that man. This year has honestly been the best year of my life and I couldn't have asked for a better man. I really don't wanna go into all the mushy details of our trip and first year on the internet...but let's just say I love this man more today than I did on our anniversary, more than our wedding day, and more than when we first said the "L" word...and the love keeps coming! I mean, how can you not love a man who still will sleep next to you at night even if you've been crazy weird throughout the day?! He's definitely my better half. Forever.
Oh, also about a week before we left, B and I had the AMAZING experience of helping pull security for the Mormon Miracle Pageant at the temple. What does that mean? Well...we got to spend the night on the temple grounds with the beautiful temple in which we were sealed for time and ALL Eternity in, beaming brilliantly over us as we slept. It was such a wonderful experience to open my eyes in the pre-dawn light and see the most wonderful man in the world sleeping next to me and roll over to find such an amazing building standing guard over us.
As soon as we got back from vacation, B literally had to leave the next day for 2 weeks for HAZMAT training. Wow...talk about separation anxiety. I tried to work as often as possible, but coming home to an empty house sucks...so I went to my parents' a lot. Oh, and I got my wisdom teeth out, which sucked but I survived...even without my best caretaker there.
When B got back, we headed to Sevier county for some good ol' hometown 24th of July festivities. We had a good time with family watching the parade, eating good food, and just enjoying everyone's company.
There was a slight downfall to it all though. We received not-so-good-news about a very close family member who has just found out that they have cancer. In fact, it's stage 3, multiple myeloma of the bone plasma. I'm not taking it well, not taking it well at all. I pretty much cry every day and I feel bad for B having to see me like this. I just feel so...I don't know...helpless. I don't know where I'd be though if I didn't have the Gospel, B, and my wonderful family. They're seriously the toughest people I know in the world.
Onto happier moments, on Aug 3, it was my dad's birthday and we puppy-sat their dog while my parents took a long-awaited trip to Sturgis, North Dakota. It was nice having Zowie there, especially when B was gone for the weekend for drill. I had an 8 lb. guard dog who's scared of cats ;) Ha ha. It was fun to have her though. Tomorrow, we're having a BBQ for dad's birthday and getting some family pictures (our last one is missing at least 4 people).
Also, Aug 12, was my father-in-laws' birthday and a family reunion on B's side. After work that night, we headed up at about 5:30 (it was up somewhere by Heber). It was seriously 10:00 and we could still not find the stupid campground (honestly, the directions sucked bad) so us and B's bro, Rodger, turned around and headed home. We felt really bad that we missed it, but honestly, those directions were horrible, and we were hungry and tired.
Today is the first day in awhile that I haven't had to be anywhere by about 9:00 AM at the latest, so seriously, I've just vegged. It's been wonderful. My house is kinda clean, so I'll leave it that way...I have to work tonight anyway so...eh...But now you've heard in a very short description, our life this summer. I'm gonna go take a nap now..Cheers ;)
As soon as we got back from vacation, B literally had to leave the next day for 2 weeks for HAZMAT training. Wow...talk about separation anxiety. I tried to work as often as possible, but coming home to an empty house sucks...so I went to my parents' a lot. Oh, and I got my wisdom teeth out, which sucked but I survived...even without my best caretaker there.
When B got back, we headed to Sevier county for some good ol' hometown 24th of July festivities. We had a good time with family watching the parade, eating good food, and just enjoying everyone's company.
There was a slight downfall to it all though. We received not-so-good-news about a very close family member who has just found out that they have cancer. In fact, it's stage 3, multiple myeloma of the bone plasma. I'm not taking it well, not taking it well at all. I pretty much cry every day and I feel bad for B having to see me like this. I just feel so...I don't know...helpless. I don't know where I'd be though if I didn't have the Gospel, B, and my wonderful family. They're seriously the toughest people I know in the world.
Onto happier moments, on Aug 3, it was my dad's birthday and we puppy-sat their dog while my parents took a long-awaited trip to Sturgis, North Dakota. It was nice having Zowie there, especially when B was gone for the weekend for drill. I had an 8 lb. guard dog who's scared of cats ;) Ha ha. It was fun to have her though. Tomorrow, we're having a BBQ for dad's birthday and getting some family pictures (our last one is missing at least 4 people).
Also, Aug 12, was my father-in-laws' birthday and a family reunion on B's side. After work that night, we headed up at about 5:30 (it was up somewhere by Heber). It was seriously 10:00 and we could still not find the stupid campground (honestly, the directions sucked bad) so us and B's bro, Rodger, turned around and headed home. We felt really bad that we missed it, but honestly, those directions were horrible, and we were hungry and tired.
Today is the first day in awhile that I haven't had to be anywhere by about 9:00 AM at the latest, so seriously, I've just vegged. It's been wonderful. My house is kinda clean, so I'll leave it that way...I have to work tonight anyway so...eh...But now you've heard in a very short description, our life this summer. I'm gonna go take a nap now..Cheers ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment