B and I had such a great weekend last week! It was the first time in FOREVER that B had a Saturday off, so we took full advantage of it. Where do you think we went? Somewhere that we could get in FREE and somewhere at least one of us had never been: the first National Forest of the Grand Ol' U.S. of A; Yellowstone!
I got off work early on Friday (we only had two patients so my awesome boss let me go home earlier and gave me some tips about Yellowstone. So I hurried home, packed our bags, cleaned, and made our hotel reservations. FINALLY after a bajillion years, B got off work and we headed North.
I got off work early on Friday (we only had two patients so my awesome boss let me go home earlier and gave me some tips about Yellowstone. So I hurried home, packed our bags, cleaned, and made our hotel reservations. FINALLY after a bajillion years, B got off work and we headed North.
We got to our hotel in Jackson at about 2:00 on Saturday (late morning
start...don't judge). Um...it was BEAUTIFUL! It had a fireplace, pool
that you could swim inside and then swim under a wall and be outside,
and a rain shower head. M-A-zing.
And the bed? Heavenly.
We decided to head to Old Faithful after we grabbed some lunch. We made it there at about 5:30, just in time to walk around, shop, and then watch her blow.
We grabbed some hot chocolate (cuz it was FREEZING) and meandered around, then headed back to the hotel.
The next morning, we didn't have much time to do much throughout the
day, so we headed to Yellowstone Lake, the Mud Volcano, and the
Yellowstone Grand Canyon Lower Falls. It was all so amazingly beautiful
and we were able to see lots of wildlife including:
Elk
Buffalo
Fox
Coyote
Geese
and many more..
B was sad that he didn't see a bear or wolf...next year we'll go sooner.
Even though it was a quick trip, it was amazing to spend a weekend together in such a beautiful place and listen to bits of Conference as well. I wanna go back :( But in the meantime, enjoy a few more pics!
Elk
Buffalo
Fox
Coyote
Geese
and many more..
B was sad that he didn't see a bear or wolf...next year we'll go sooner.
Even though it was a quick trip, it was amazing to spend a weekend together in such a beautiful place and listen to bits of Conference as well. I wanna go back :( But in the meantime, enjoy a few more pics!



No comments:
Post a Comment