Well, it's official. I'm 21. It feels just like 20. Actually, that's a lie. I have a strained muscle that I didn't start feeling til yesterday. Hmmm...is this the initial sign that I'm old? Oh well.
Twenty and I had a fantastic run. A year ago from today, the man of my dreams knelt down on one knee and asked me to, "Spend the rest of Forever," with him. It was the most romantic...and funny date of my life. Less than a month later, I was saying goodbye to him while he went off to become the man he is today. We couldn't see each other for 2 months and overall, we had about 2 hours of conversation on the phone. Our lives lived on in letters. It was so hard! I had many times where I questioned what in the heck I was doing, and then knelt down to talk with my Heavenly Father and I felt peace and KNEW what in the heck I was doing. I was marrying the most amazing man. Then, I went to see him for the first time and I realized without a doubt that I could not spend my life without him. But alas, we had to say goodbye...again. But this time, we could talk on the phone. Then, we got married. MOST AMAZING DAY EVER. I lived in 3 different states, and couldn't be happier. To say that this last year has been fantastic, would be an understatement. I loved it.
This weekend, Brent and I went to the Nutcracker Ballet with some friends of ours. I loved it! Then we went to The Cheesecake Factory and can I say Dulce de Leche Cheesecake?! Mmmmmmmm! It was marvelous. We then went shopping and Brent bought me a new coat and some new clothes. He's awesome! We finished out the night at our friends' house watching How I Met Your Mother.
Brent and I then returned home and just talked. Brent kept watching the clock so that at EXACTLY midnight, he could be the first one to tell me Happy Birthday. He was :).
The next morning, my actual birthday day, he woke me up with kisses and singing. I was kinda grumpy because our house was cluttered...I HATE CLUTTER!! But then had to inform Brent that I wasn't grumpy with him, just myself for having a messy house.
At church, it was the typical Sunday: I led music, Brent and I played with our friends' little girl (warms my heart every time I see Brent playing with kids), I messed up the music, we got roped into teaching a primary class, and Brent once again amazed me with his knowledge and love of the Gospel and his amazing ability to teach it to anyone!
When we got home, Brent left for about half an hour and told me to not just slip into my pajamas like always, but to wear normal clothes. That half hour drug on! But finally he showed up and blindfolded me and drove me around like crazy. He finally helped me out and walked me up a walk. He took the blindfold off and there was a small group of people yelling, "SURPRISE!" We had cake and ice cream and then just shared stories. It was another amazing birthday put on by my wonderful husband. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect one.
Now, look out Vegas, I'm coming next weekend and I will win money. :D
Monday, December 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment