January:
I'd dreaded this month for a long time. On the 8th, I said goodbye to my soldier. I cried...a lot, this month. I hung out a lot with my amazing roommates who endured all of my tears and moods!
I'd dreaded this month for a long time. On the 8th, I said goodbye to my soldier. I cried...a lot, this month. I hung out a lot with my amazing roommates who endured all of my tears and moods!
February:
My parents, Brent's mom, and I finally drove out to Missouri for Brent's graduation! I realized right then and there that even though it was so hard to be away from him, I couldn't live without him. In my mom's words, "He breathed the life back into me." He still does.
April:
Brent called me and told me that we had to change our previous date (Sept. 10) if I wanted to move to Cali with him. So, I kicked my butt in gear for wedding planning. My awesome parents celebrated their anniversary.
May:
After months of talking to Brent on Skype, I finally made the trip down to see him in Arizona. We made more wedding plans together and just enjoyed a weekend finally seeing each other! Then a few weeks later, Brent came home for Memorial Weekend and we got engagements and bridals taken.
June:
Just a month away! One of my best friends got married, and another left on her mission! My dream wedding started to FINALLY come together...now just to get the groom home! :)
July:
August:
Brent got a rank advancement and graduated AIT. He then flew out to Cali while I drove home to Utah and packed. A week later, he came out to get me and we moved out to California to our first home together. Brent started his classes.
September:
We were settling into married life and just enjoying all that it had to offer. It's pretty much amazing. I got called to be the ward chorister and we just enjoyed being in Cali.
We were settling into married life and just enjoying all that it had to offer. It's pretty much amazing. I got called to be the ward chorister and we just enjoyed being in Cali.
October:
We explored more of Cali and made some amazing friends. I tried helping Brent all I could at French...it's not the easiest of languages. We went on tons of hikes even though I was sick a lot.
We explored more of Cali and made some amazing friends. I tried helping Brent all I could at French...it's not the easiest of languages. We went on tons of hikes even though I was sick a lot.
November:
We celebrated Brent's 24th birthday and my parents came out to Cali for Thanksgiving. Our car took a poop and my parents let us use their car until we came home.
WE FINALLY WENT HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! But first, I celebrated my 21st, so on our way home, we stopped in Vegas! Ha ha, umm...Mesquite was kinder to us :D We enjoyed family parties, fresh mountain air, a little bit of snow, and just relaxing. We got a new car payment for Christmas! Ha ha, and I got a new job! Pictures to come soon.
Overall, 2011 was a fantastic year for Brent and I. Here's to 2012!
Happy New Years!












No comments:
Post a Comment