A {Boy} and A Girl

I kinda really like this boy. His name is Brent. We entered the wonderful, crazy, and sacred bond of marriage on July 2, 2011. He's pretty much amazing. We like to cook, do anything outdoors, sing, and dance the night away. Oh, and guess what?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS YEAR!! Welcome to our lives...or at least some of it!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Husbands Say The Darndest Things

Either Brent was extremely tired yesterday or...well...I don't know but it was kind of hilarious.  For example:

1:  As we were driving home from base together, I saw some pine needles in the road and said, "Looks like someone lost their tree." 
Brent pipes up, "No, Shaylee.  They lost their reef!"
"You mean wreaTH?  With a TH?"
"No.  Reef."

2.  When we got home, Brent was freezing and could NOT for the life of him, get warm.  So I made him some hot chocolate to warm him from the inside out.  His eyes got big as he exclaimed, "Holy cow!  This hot chocolate is SCOLDING!!"
Wait.
Me:  "You mean to tell me your hot chocolate is cussing you out?  Or do you mean scalding?"
Brent:  "Umm...yeah."

3.  Brent and I love reading together at night or giving foot massages.  It helps us relax..and the massages feel great :)  But last night was a reading night.  I could tell after about 30 min that Brent was starting to doze off.  So after a page, I asked him what I'd just read about.  In a completely normal and alert tone he said, "It was about," and then in a drifted-off, half-asleep, mumbly voice, he finishes, "two fingers and a professional basketball player."
Just in case you were wondering...that was completely wrong.  I just looked at him and then busted up laughing for a good 10 minutes.  Oh man... :D

1 comment:

Mary ♥ said...

This makes me laugh :) Men...