A {Boy} and A Girl

I kinda really like this boy. His name is Brent. We entered the wonderful, crazy, and sacred bond of marriage on July 2, 2011. He's pretty much amazing. We like to cook, do anything outdoors, sing, and dance the night away. Oh, and guess what?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS YEAR!! Welcome to our lives...or at least some of it!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Our Fungal Fight

Let's face it, growing up with the dry mountain air of Utah, the terms "mold, mildew, and fungus" really ever relate to some strawberries you left in the fridge or some leaky pipe.  Never have I actually had to worry about the one and only...
Black Mold.

Trint's in-laws who were here about a year ago had black mold all over their house and it caused a lot of health concerns and what-not with them and their 3 kids.  So coming out here, Brent and I knew about it, but we figured we knew how to prevent against it.  Wrong.

Shortly after we moved in, I started getting really sick.  I've never really been one for headaches, yet I was getting them a lot, and so was Brent (although we mostly relate that to having a language pounded in your head).  Then I started getting nauseous.  Now, try being newly-weds and telling everyone that you're nauseous and tired a lot.  You get the one and ONLY question:  "Are you pregnant?!"  No.  I'm not.

Then I started noticing that our sink would leak every time I ran the water or dishwasher.  We had a part fixed and no leak.  But then, I started noticing a "drip" sound coming from inside the wall between the bedroom and family room.  It only "dripped" when we'd ran a lot of water and didn't start up until after Thanksgiving.  At first we thought it was some animal, but it's too steady.  I think we have a leaky pipe.

Brent went down and complained to the office and they said they'd send someone up right away.  Here it is, nearly 4 hours later and I've been waiting patiently, not daring to go get out and do anything because I'm waiting for someone to come test our drywall and pipes.  Awesome.

I've also noticed that in our bedroom window, especially since it rained a lot last week we've been getting mold in our windowsill, close to that dang "drip" noise.  So I attacked that nasty stuff with one of the best creations ever.
Bleach.

Still waiting for them to come though.  If it is black mold, I'll be irate....and still probably sick...but mostly irate.

No comments: