A {Boy} and A Girl

I kinda really like this boy. His name is Brent. We entered the wonderful, crazy, and sacred bond of marriage on July 2, 2011. He's pretty much amazing. We like to cook, do anything outdoors, sing, and dance the night away. Oh, and guess what?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS YEAR!! Welcome to our lives...or at least some of it!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Why I {live} for Weekends

This last week has been OOBER hard for me.  Perhaps it's because it was recently my Grandpa's 90th birthday and it was the first time in forever that I haven't been there for a family event, and then it was my brother's 30th yesterday...another family even for which we weren't present.  It killed me.  I think I have cried more in this last week than I have since we've been here. 

I feel bad that I've been like this, mostly for Brent.  He has more stress on him than I do on me, but he was cheering me up all week.  He would just wrap his arms around me when I was letting the waterworks flow and tell me it's all gonna be okay.  


Then, this weekend happened. I feel like a new person...honest.  Brent has this way of  making everything seem possible, no matter what challenges we may be facing.  He has a superpower, that before I met him, I only thought my parents had, and that is to calm my fears and dry my eyes, no matter what sort of hysterical state I'm in.  You see, I can be overdramatic.  I blow things out of proportion.  I'm working on it...of course, I've been working on it for a few years now...

It started out that B had to work on Saturday morning...awesome.  But around one, I picked up another wife (and made a new friend) and we went to his company's BBQ.  Can I just say one thing?  Single soldiers can freak me out.  The ones that're Brent's friends and we've had over to dinner (the majority of these being either LDS or just extremely awesome human beings) don't creep me out, partly because I know them, but mostly because they don't look at me like a piece of meat...even though I've got a ring on my finger and my hubs is right next to me.  But it did make me laugh at Brent when he would puff out his chest, put his hand at the small of my back to help me up or down stairs (he was in uniform and so he couldn't hold my hand or kiss me in public), and keep me far away from said creepy soldiers.  Oh...men!  Sorry if you take any of that offensively...but it's true.  A lot of these guys...and girls...have a ton of patriotism, but not a lick of morals.  Don't think any less of our soldiers, k?   

Anyway, after B and I came home, we truly began our weekend.  While B had been at work in the morning, I went and bought me some new shoes...I love them!  Then when he came home, we watched The Lion King and P.S. I Love You.  Surprising: Brent actually enjoyed P.S. I Love You.  He doesn't like The Notebook...but PSILY, he can stand.  Then, we threw our feet up on our wall by our bed to get our circulation going, and played Angry Birds...it was awesome.




Also...B found a shed on base.  You can take the boy outta the Honky Tonk, but you can't take the Honky Tonk outta the boy!

On Sunday, we woke up, and went to church.  Our organist picks the music and she always picks a difficult song for the opening hymn...well...my brain wasn't working yet and I messed up and a newby in the ward glared at me.  I laughed.  When we came home, B finished his homework and then we went to a beach in Carmel (really expensive town) with our awesome friends, the Johnsons.  We sat on the beach and laughed at an Arabic couple fighting, birds in the surf, played the Game of Life, and watched the sunset.  We then went to their home, ate caramel popcorn (B and I, the Johnson's just started a diet) and watched Youtube videos.  When B and I came home...we played Life all night.

 
Can I just say it was therapeutic?  Okay...I will.  I was in amazing company, doing amazing things.  And I realized that being so sad it has overcome who I am has happened to me once...but I will never go back to that same place.  That is why I live for weekends.

No comments: