A {Boy} and A Girl

I kinda really like this boy. His name is Brent. We entered the wonderful, crazy, and sacred bond of marriage on July 2, 2011. He's pretty much amazing. We like to cook, do anything outdoors, sing, and dance the night away. Oh, and guess what?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS YEAR!! Welcome to our lives...or at least some of it!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

He Knows Just How to Make Me {Smile}

Hey!  Guess what you get to read about?
Yep. Our first Valentine's.  Ha ha, well at least a few things about it!
I know last week, I talked about how VERY excited I was for this day, even though I despise Valentine's.
Well, like I predicted, Brent made it WONDERFUL!
We actually kind of celebrated the whole week.
Sunday:  We were at Walgreens filling my birth control (my bad...I forgot to do it Saturday) and while we were waiting, we were strolling through all the Valentine's stuff making fun of it.  Brent knew I wanted chocolate but not a huge box.  So he grabbed a tiny box of 3 and tried to hide it from me without much luck.  I also found out that one of his favorite candies are conversation hearts.  Bleh!  But I grabbed a bag for him and they were our Sunday treats
.Monday:  I was cleaning out the closet (it needed it badly!) When I found this little gem hiding behind some notebooks:

I got all sorts of excited because it was the very thing I'd told B I wanted.  But...I rearranged the closet and when B came home, he realized I must have seen it.  I pretended to play dumb and say that I didn't know what he was talking about.  He knew though.  He brought it into the kitchen where I was preparing dinner and said, "Well, since you already know what it is, Happy Valentine's a day early."
I laughed.
Tuesday: B woke up early for work, and I was going to wake up and make him breakfast, but for some reason, I just could not get out of bed!  But before he left, he came and snuggled with me and told me Happy Valentine's.
While he was at work, I did a load of laundry, organized some cupboards in the kitchen, and cleaned the house.  When he came home for lunch, we had left-over chili and talked about our days so far.  I asked him if he needed one of his PT army shirts.  He said no with a very confused look on his face.  Little did he know, but I was going to create a little Valentine for him for later that night!
Ha ha!  I did the tie-shirts that we'd always make in high school out of overly-large t-shirts.  Let's just say that when I wore it later in the evening...he LOVED it.
  Anywho, around 3:30 B called me and said he was on his way, but that our car was FINALLY out of the shop and we needed to go get it.  So he came and picked me up and we went and got our baby.  I'm not gonna lie...I missed my car!  I love it!  This was an amazing V-Day present! :)
I also gave him one of his V-Day present which I'd gotten from pinterest.  He loved it and kept smiling the whole night about it.  It's now displayed proudly on his night-stand.
52 Reasons Why I Love You, made out of a deck of cards!
When we got home, I'd had dinner in the crock-pot, so we threw together some veggies and rolls to go with our dinner, opened a bottle of sparkling cider, and placed some candles in between us.
As we were sitting there inhaling the dinner (okay, just B.  I wasn't too hungry) He looks up and says, "What time is it?"
Crap.  Crap, crap,crap, crap, crap!  I knew what those 4 words meant.  It meant he had to go back to study hall from 6:30 til 8:30, which also meant I would be home alone on Valentine's.  Crap.
I looked at the time: 6:07.  He had to leave.  I looked up at him and he was pulling a "I'm pretending to be worried face."
My heart soared a little.
He stood up.
Nevermind, my heart sunk.  I knew that he wouldn't get up unless he had to go.
I cast my eyes to the floor as tears started to well up in my eyes, and a huge lump was forming in my throat.
B walks over to me, wraps his arms tightly around me and whispers, "Just thought I should tell you...Happy Valentine's my love.  I don't have to go to study hall.  This night is ours."
Cue water-works.
I was SO happy!  That right there was the BEST Valentine's present ever!  B then apologized for not having something better planned or flowers to give.  He didn't find out until that afternoon that he didn't have to go, and by that time, I was with him.  To be honest, I didn't care.  I had my husband, my best friend, and my one true love with me for the entire night.  I was/am happy.
We ended the night watching a Harry Potter movie and cuddling on the couch.  I love my husband and all he does for me.  He's truly made the last two Valentine's the best ever, even if they're not your "traditional" V-Days.

No comments: