A {Boy} and A Girl

I kinda really like this boy. His name is Brent. We entered the wonderful, crazy, and sacred bond of marriage on July 2, 2011. He's pretty much amazing. We like to cook, do anything outdoors, sing, and dance the night away. Oh, and guess what?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS YEAR!! Welcome to our lives...or at least some of it!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Day {3}: Describe Your Relationship With Your Parents

I am lucky enough to call this BEAUTIFUL couple, my parents.
My relationship with them is so amazing and just keeps getting better and better.  Did I cry when they had to leave Cali?  Yes.  I love them.
I will admit, I gave them both a hard time from the ages of 15-17.  I have apologized face-to-face to both of them and thanked them for putting up with me.  But here's the wonderful thing about this crazy, cooky, couple.  No matter how bad me or any of my siblings messed up...they still loved us and would fight to the death for us.
I love the love my parents have for each other.  I've seen them go through some pretty tough battles together...and come out loving each other more than before (if that was even possible!)
When my mom was in the hospital, my relationship with my dad grew leaps and bounds, because my mom, who is my best friend (besides the hubs of course) couldn't talk to me about my problems.  The rolls were switched, I was taking care of her instead of the other way around.  So my dad and I talked...a lot.  I gained a whole new sort of respect for my dad.  I'm not afraid to talk to him anymore.  We leaned on each other while getting mom back to health was our main concern.  Now I talk to my almost on a daily basis, along with my mom.  I miss them OODLES!
I've always been a mommy's girl.  I can talk to my mom about ANYTHING.  I love her perspective on life.  She and I are so alike it's actually quite funny.  But we both know how to get the other to open up.  I hope to be just like her when I grow up...yeah...I said when!  And one of my favorite compliments is to hear I look just like my mom, cuz I think my mom is the most beautiful woman in the world.  And she's got the most tender heart out of anyone I've ever met.
All-in-all, my parents rock.  I'm glad that I've been raised in such a wonderful home with wonderful, loving parents who have LIVED the Gospel as much as they have TAUGHT the Gospel.  They're truly my heroes and I love them to pieces.
No amount of words can ever express how grateful I am for them, nor how much I love them...but here's a very quick and short try.

No comments: