1. My Heavenly Father is a definite on this one. I know He's not a "physical" on this earth, but some days it truly feels like He is. He has helped me and guided me through so much in this life. He truly loves me...ALL OF US! If it weren't for Him being such a prominent person in my life...I don't think I'd still be here with you today.
2. My husband, Brent. He teaches me more and more each day what true love is all about. I can't even begin to explain how happy I am with him. He has taught me love, patience, confidence, self-sacrifice, and courage. He shows me daily through his own actions that come hail or high water, someone loves me enough, besides my parents, to fight to keep me. I've watched him struggle constantly over the last 6 months in French, yet he has had the courage and determination to finish it out, no matter how hard it was.
2. My husband, Brent. He teaches me more and more each day what true love is all about. I can't even begin to explain how happy I am with him. He has taught me love, patience, confidence, self-sacrifice, and courage. He shows me daily through his own actions that come hail or high water, someone loves me enough, besides my parents, to fight to keep me. I've watched him struggle constantly over the last 6 months in French, yet he has had the courage and determination to finish it out, no matter how hard it was.
3. My mom is a rockstar. Seriously. She is so loving to others and has such a kind heart. I want to be just like her. She has shown me how to cook, clean, organize, and love my husband unconditionally through her day-to-day actions. Her hugs have always been able to calm me down, and I miss her more than words can express. She has always been my rock and my best friend. I love her. If you talk bad about her, I don't like you. Sorry, but it'll take a lot more work outta that person to get me to like them after that. My mom's awesome.
4. My dad. Growing up, I was always a mommy's girl, and always wanted to be with mom, but I've been realizing lately how awesome my dad is. He has shown me what I wanted in a husband and father of my children, because he's all those things, such as: a hard-worker, a provider, loving, caring, masculine, charming, a gentleman, and a jokester. Yes, just like my dad, Brent will try and joke his way outta trouble...it works more often than I care to admit ;). I love my dad and am so grateful for all his love and support.
5. MY siblings. I know that's 3 people...but I just have so many people that've influenced me. These 3 crazies have always had such big shoes to fill. I mean, they're awesome. They follow their dreams, have ADORABLE kiddos, and have always put up with me, no matter how annoying I may have been/still am. They've always been there for me no matter what life has thrown my way. If I just needed an escape from reality for awhile, they've always provided it. They're heroes to me. I love you Garrett, Trint, and Karli!
6. Grandmas. They're pretty much one of my favorite things in this entire universe, and I was lucky enough to have the best two. Think about it. When you're at their house, you can eat whatever you want whenever you want, play all day and not have to do chores, AND they're funny. I have WAY too many amazing memories of both my Grandma Laws and Grandma Hales to put in this post, but can I just say how awesome these two ladies are? They're definitely spunky ladies who have taught me so many home-making skills. I love them.
7. Now you can't have awesome Grandma's without having awesome Grandpa's. Even though I never met my Grandpa Laws on this physical earth, I've heard plenty of stories to know what a great man he is. Grandpa's are tough cookies, especially mine. They keep kickin no matter what, and they were raised in hard times, but still manage to treat their wives like princesses. Plus, Grandpa's have the best stories that make you just happy to be alive.
8. Emma Smith. Now, I know some of you are thinking, "but she fell away from the Church and blah-de-blah-de-blah." BUT. Put yourself in her shoes. She was one tough chika who stood by her husband's side through everything. She cleaned off her tarred and feathered husband, watched the love of her life be ridiculed on a daily basis, and watched those she knew and loved leave her because of her faith. In my opinion, she was a very elect spirit to be put through all of that.
9. I've never met someone so like me until last year at UVU and I met my roommate, Janelle. We were constantly mistaken as twins, sisters, or some family relation. She grew up in Idaho in a small, Redmond-sized town. She's now serving a mission in The Alps. She was always a rock for me when B was at Basic. It was like she could tell when I needed a pick-me-up or just a getaway. She's such a role-model too. She's almost got her Bachelor's at BYU in Engineering (she'll finish when she gets back from her mission) and is serving a mission. She doesn't care what people think and is always so happy. I miss that woman!
10. Last but definitely not least is my nieces and nephews. Those darling 5 1/2 (Karli's preggo with a little boy due in May) on my side, and 17 or 18 1/2 (Cassie just found out she's preggo again) on B's side, kiddos are amazing. They're all so funny and full of life. They're so close to their Father in Heaven that it just makes me sit back in awe...when they give me the chance to sit back...and be truly amazed by how wonderful families are. I can't wait for B and I to add to both of those numbers for both sets of grandparents, cuz let's face it, our kiddos will have two sets of awesome grandparents.
Am I lucky? Yes. And just a disclaimer, this was a very hard list to conjure. I have so many amazing people in my life, that it was very difficult to choose. I love you all and you've all helped me become the woman I am today.








No comments:
Post a Comment