Ha ha well this one is going to be interesting. I wasn't a big fan of how I acted when I was 16. I was a brat (but of course, back then I thought I was an angel...)
1. Dad's smarter than you think, especially when it comes to boys.
2. You're a Daughter of God. He loves you and will never forsake you. Stop acting like you're the only one in the world.
3. You'll find a wonderful husband who you won't have to worry if he'll take you to the temple or not. He will. Prepare now.
4. There will come a time very soon that everything in your life is turned upside down. I mean EVERYTHING. You'll go through it with flying colors, but remember to pray always, and that families truly are forever.
5. There will come a time in your life that some dumb boy will tell you every day that you're not good enough. It will come at a time when all you need is someone to raise you up and tell you that you are. He's dumb...but you need to go through with it. This and number 4 will lead you to meeting your wonderful eternal companion.
6. Slow down when you drive and make full stops at stop signs. You're really not that good of a driver, so don't act like it.
7. All of those inner feelings of what you want? Listen to them. Don't alter your beliefs for the time and place. Listen to your heart. It's right.
8. Choose your friends wisely. Some will stab you in the back so hard it takes years to mend. Some are only your friends when you act certain ways. Stay true to the ones that still like you for you, and they'll stay true to you.
9. Put the dang cell phone down. You'll lose it for 9 months soon if you don't. Don't be stupid with it. Do you really have to text someone all day? You'll find out later that face-to-face and love letters are so much better and much more wonderful. I DARE you to turn your phone off for a day. Do it.
10. Shay, I know things seem impossible right now. I know that you're not the woman that you always wanted to be. But guess what? You're gonna make it outta this alive. All of your struggles, trials, and missteps...they're gonna shape the woman you will become...and you'll love that woman. You're going to marry the man of your dreams in your castle, and he's going to take you on PLENTY of adventures. Let him. I love you Shay, and am proud of you for handling the things you do. Smile. :)
1. Dad's smarter than you think, especially when it comes to boys.
2. You're a Daughter of God. He loves you and will never forsake you. Stop acting like you're the only one in the world.
3. You'll find a wonderful husband who you won't have to worry if he'll take you to the temple or not. He will. Prepare now.
4. There will come a time very soon that everything in your life is turned upside down. I mean EVERYTHING. You'll go through it with flying colors, but remember to pray always, and that families truly are forever.
5. There will come a time in your life that some dumb boy will tell you every day that you're not good enough. It will come at a time when all you need is someone to raise you up and tell you that you are. He's dumb...but you need to go through with it. This and number 4 will lead you to meeting your wonderful eternal companion.
6. Slow down when you drive and make full stops at stop signs. You're really not that good of a driver, so don't act like it.
7. All of those inner feelings of what you want? Listen to them. Don't alter your beliefs for the time and place. Listen to your heart. It's right.
8. Choose your friends wisely. Some will stab you in the back so hard it takes years to mend. Some are only your friends when you act certain ways. Stay true to the ones that still like you for you, and they'll stay true to you.
9. Put the dang cell phone down. You'll lose it for 9 months soon if you don't. Don't be stupid with it. Do you really have to text someone all day? You'll find out later that face-to-face and love letters are so much better and much more wonderful. I DARE you to turn your phone off for a day. Do it.
10. Shay, I know things seem impossible right now. I know that you're not the woman that you always wanted to be. But guess what? You're gonna make it outta this alive. All of your struggles, trials, and missteps...they're gonna shape the woman you will become...and you'll love that woman. You're going to marry the man of your dreams in your castle, and he's going to take you on PLENTY of adventures. Let him. I love you Shay, and am proud of you for handling the things you do. Smile. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment