A {Boy} and A Girl

I kinda really like this boy. His name is Brent. We entered the wonderful, crazy, and sacred bond of marriage on July 2, 2011. He's pretty much amazing. We like to cook, do anything outdoors, sing, and dance the night away. Oh, and guess what?! WE'RE HAVING A BABY THIS YEAR!! Welcome to our lives...or at least some of it!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day {5}: What Are 5 Things That Make You Most Happy Right Now?



A lot of things make me happy right now.  I mean, I've been blessed...even thru the trials.  So I'll try and pick five, in no particular order.

1.  Knowing that I am sealed to my husband, family, and children FOREVER.  I seriously can't begin to explain how giddy this makes me.  The temple is such an amazing place and everyone deserves the happiness and peace it offers.  Inside, you really do the Lord's work.  It makes me sad that people have corrupted the ways of the Lord's sacred work and told others that don't have a recommend.  But I know that it's sacred and that the Gospel is true.
I love knowing my family is forever.


2.  My amazing and wonderful husband.  I am so proud of this man for all he's done for our little family.  He truly is a blessing from a VERY generous Heavenly Father.  Yesterday, we went on a fun date to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk.  From roller coasters, dizzying carny rides (yeah, he's crazy and wanted to go on ALL of them and spin as fast as possible RIGHT after we ate lunch), ice cream, ocean views, and sunburns.  He always takes me on amazing dates, makes me laugh, and let's me curl up in a ball on his lap.  He's the best thing that has ever happened to me.  It makes me particularly happy when he dances and shakes his booty, sings to me, and tells me every day that he loves me.

3.  This one may seem silly, but the fact that B and I were able to have an awesome sit-down breakfast this morning consisting of crepes filled with Nutella, strawberries, and bananas.  B and I don't have breakfast together often, and when we do, it's usually a bagel, a bowl of cereal, or a granola bar as I drive him to work.  I wish I would've taken a pic of them (they were so yummy!)  Plus, we only had a cup of milk left, so it was a perfect solution to fill both our tummies without having to sacrifice the last bit of milk to one or the other.  And B was able to help me cook which I always love.  It's fun to be in the kitchen with him.

4.  The simple fact that as of TOMORROW, B won't have to go to mandatory study hall!  This seriously makes me bubble with excitement.  This means no more 9:00 dinners, sitting in a dark house watching a movie for hours on end, and GETTING TO SEE MY HUSBAND!!!  Both of us are extremely happy about this! 

5.  My job.  I really love it and will be sad to leave, but oh well ;).  I love teaching people of all ages how to eat right even on a tight budget.  Watching people's eyes grow big as they realize how much sugar is in their drinks, how good a simple recipe can be, or the fact that there's a little blonde white girl in a predominantly Latino community trying to talk.  I've learned a lot myself as well.  I really do like it and the people I work with.  I hope I can find a job like this back in Utah.  Oh and have I mentioned I found out California's broke?  Just sayin.

No comments: