I know 3 posts in a day seems a little extreme...I know. But I'm sick. Give me a break.
And I just have to get this out of my system.
Today, this video:
has been circulating all over Facebook. I've known about Joseph Kony for about 2 months now. Remember a recent post about how terrified I was about DEPLOYMENT? Well this is the reason why. The military KNOWS about Kony. They're doing ALL THEY CAN, even if they do still have to be under the President's command.
Don't get me wrong, I think that everything needs to be done to help these children. It's immoral, demonic, and just flat out nasty what is being done to them.
Now put yourselves in a soldier's boots.
You're deployed to Africa. It's VERY hostile over there, so hostile in fact that your vacation with your family to Africa you've always wanted...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN because of the dog tags you wear around your neck.
You go into combat. You see your enemy for the first time...the ones who are pointing their M16's at you and have direct orders to KILL you.
They're children.
CHILDREN.
All of your training, all of your tactics...you never thought you'd have to deal with this. But to get to Kony, you must get through them. Right now, even though they're children, they are shooting to destroy.
What do you do?
This movie rattles me to the core...but so does knowing that my husband could be deployed and must see children as the enemy. Children that don't want to shoot him (maybe some do, who knows) and KNOWING that my husband doesn't want to harm them.
I'm all for ending the war in Uganda, but my heart breaks for the soldiers...both child and man.
And that is an Army Wife's view.
And I just have to get this out of my system.
Today, this video:
has been circulating all over Facebook. I've known about Joseph Kony for about 2 months now. Remember a recent post about how terrified I was about DEPLOYMENT? Well this is the reason why. The military KNOWS about Kony. They're doing ALL THEY CAN, even if they do still have to be under the President's command.
Don't get me wrong, I think that everything needs to be done to help these children. It's immoral, demonic, and just flat out nasty what is being done to them.
Now put yourselves in a soldier's boots.
You're deployed to Africa. It's VERY hostile over there, so hostile in fact that your vacation with your family to Africa you've always wanted...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN because of the dog tags you wear around your neck.
You go into combat. You see your enemy for the first time...the ones who are pointing their M16's at you and have direct orders to KILL you.
They're children.
CHILDREN.
All of your training, all of your tactics...you never thought you'd have to deal with this. But to get to Kony, you must get through them. Right now, even though they're children, they are shooting to destroy.
What do you do?
This movie rattles me to the core...but so does knowing that my husband could be deployed and must see children as the enemy. Children that don't want to shoot him (maybe some do, who knows) and KNOWING that my husband doesn't want to harm them.
I'm all for ending the war in Uganda, but my heart breaks for the soldiers...both child and man.
And that is an Army Wife's view.



No comments:
Post a Comment